15 January 2012
It was a lovely Sunday. Woke up quite late, afternoon? Went down to level 1 and breakfast was there already! Shiok! :D
Slack awhile using my lappy and prepared myself for auntie's family reunion dinner. Actually suppose it was my uncle who is going along but I think he was also invited to another dinner by some VIP. So went there just for the sake of eating.
I like Path's camera effect- Diana. Conclusion, I'm tanned. =.= 女孩子皮肤白就赢人咯! So I need spam on whitening cream uh, hahaha! Just joking!
Location of the dinner is @ One Rochester. My first time there....
Chinese restaurant- Min Jiang. Read from some food review and mainly was about the Peking Duck, which I find it quite unique, shall elaborate at the later part.
Our seats.
One special thing, there's this curtain's railing on the top so when you feel like eating privately with you friends of family, you can just draw the curtains. It's goes in a round~ Most of the restaurants it's either function room or a fake wall was being dragged out.
Not sure was it me who is more "mountain tortoise". At the extreme right, the chopstick is for us to lohei~ Don't be mistaken, not that I didn't seen such a long chopstick but it was my first time using this long chopsticks.
PEANUTS
LO HEI AH! HUAT AH and continue saying all sorts of auspicious wishes.Beside Salmon there is also "Ikan Parang"
Braised Superior Shark's Fin with Crab Meat and Sliced Fish Maw in Supreme Stock. (Y)(Y)(Y)
I think they are famous for their Beijing Duck? Saw some reviews of the way of eating. It's quite interesting as there are 3 method to eat the duck meat with. First is dipping with sugar which I think so-so? Second is the sichun style where by the sauces is different, not bad.. Lastly, normal way of eating with sweet sauce, cucumber and spring onion.
Combination of Sauteed Scallop wuth Macadamia Nuts in X.O. Chilli Sauce and Deep-fried Prawn with Wasabi dressing! After I saw this I thought of Nikko immediately cause I few days ago before I went to dinner, I saw her posting about this and say it's damn nice~ I was like ewww due to the wasibi. Anyway most importantly it's YUMMY!
After eating so many oily stuff, need to get a cup of hot tea.
The 4 kids! It's been quite some time since they last met... So cute seeing them playing and talking together.
Steamed Fillet of Fish 'Traditional Style', So smooth and fresh. (Y) I ate 2 bowls of it since my auntie's father don't eat this. LOL Before this, there's another dish called Fresh Prawn done in two ways. Didn't manage to get the photos of it but nothing special.
Braised Whole Abalone with Homemade Toufu.One of my favourite vegetable, Broccoli!! Toufu is also very tender, lol sound so meaty~ Another dish after this is Stewed "Mee Pok" with Shredded Duck in X.O. Sauce. When this Mee Pok arrived everyone was very full!! I think I just ate half a bowl of it.
Chilled mango Sago with Pomelo Vanila Ice-Cream! Too bad it's not honey dew sago, my favourite. However this mango smell damn nice and I enjoyed the ice-cream
When we're leaving.. The place look special. Maybe it's because seldom have Chinese restaurant at such places, mainly are pubs or "astas" cuisine~ I still remembered on that night I was chatting in whatsapp with a small group of people telling wishes that are achievable. Yet is not easy to attain, complicated, I know. Anyway what they told me actually touched me and I feel like crying sia... It's like a new definition of friends. Ended up although I said out but I don't pin high hopes and let it go... Ok, forget about it.
Yes last Sunday met up with HuiWen and Esther. It's also their first time visit my place. Monday last went to Shuana's 21 Birthday! Tuesday went to SIM. Wednesday went for an insurance workshop, learnt lots of things and today bought my grandmother to KTPH to check her eyes again.Waiting time was super long~!!! Although she operated one of her eye already but the vision is still blur. Doctor said it's perfectly well and so on.... Just hope nothing happens =) Anyway shall blogged about all these soon!
Results are going to release tmr! God damn it, I'm so scared/nervous for my FYP result! The rest, I actually tabulate and most likely won't fail! I need to graduate and enter SIM man! Cross-fingers uh! Even if I score badly it's okay, as long as I passed my result can lo!
Okay it's time for bed and chiong for work tmr! GOODNIGHT!


